Software Developer Senior / Team Lead - Full Stack
About dakis | dakis is a private SaaS Company, providing modern ecommerce, Print on Demand and complete Retail Manage Solutions to our retail clients, empowering independent retailers to succeed in today‘s omnichannel world. We have a very strong presence serving camera stores, photo labs and the photography industry in the US, Canada and abroad.
Job description & responsibilities
At dakis, web software development is king! We are looking for a talented software developer who doesn’t fear new web technologies and who is very enthusiastic at the idea of bringing eCommerce to the next level. You will play an active role in shaping dakis’ next generation eCommerce and photo solutions. More precisely, you will be and execute:
- Responsible for leading a team of developers, guiding and mentoring team members as well as helping the team meet their targets
- Work on software development projects, as well as managing the team's output, will be responsible for designing and developing high-quality software
- Work closely with stakeholders, such as product managers, to ensure that the software being developed meets their requirements.
- Set standards and best practices for the code and guidelines for collaborative code review on PRs.
- Hiring and onboarding new team members.
Examples of customers using our eCommerce platform:
Main qualifications and desired skills
- Experienced senior developer, preferably with experience leading and mentoring a team.
- Experienced with Ruby (Sinatra) or other back-end languages
- Experienced with MySQL
- Deep understanding of REST API
- Deep understanding of responsive front-end frameworks, cross-browser user interfaces / browser limitations, modern web technologies, web security & SEO
- Attention to details and strong commitment to quality
- Experience with a version control system (Git, SVN)
Complementary skill set
- Background processing scheduler (Sidekiq)
- Distributed Datastore (Elastic Search)
- Experience with ReactAdmin
- Competitive salary
- Working with new technologies and innovating
- Full or semi remote work
- Office near Métro de l’Église
- Good team dynamic
We value talented and motivated individuals who truly love what they do. You have the skills to make an impact at dakis? Interested to shape the future? Apply online and send us your CV, Code sample / online portfolio, and salary expectations. Let’s get in touch!